Now more than ever, the importance of assessing wellness is becoming
recognized as central to our ability both to fend off infectious diseases
and to protect against future chronic illnesses.
As more and more data emerge regarding the current pandemic, it’s clear there is a strong link between certain wellness parameters and susceptibility to COVID-19 and disease outcome, including risk for death, such as:
- Cardiometabolic disease (increased markers of insulin resistance, diabetes, inflammation)
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Hormonal imbalances (estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol)
Who Benefits from Wellness Metrics Profile Testing?
- Excessive fatigue
- Weight gain, especially in the waist (belly fat)
- Sugar cravings
- Chronic stress
- Low sex drive
Making sure we detect imbalances and address risk factors is key to staying well in the long term.
Saliva testing is a non-invasive collection method where patients collect their saliva in plastic tubes in the privacy of their home or office in order to measure hormones like cortisol, estrogens, progesterone, and androgens.
Why Do We Test Hormones in Saliva?
- Steroid hormones in the bloodstream are 95-99% bound to carrier proteins, and in this form are unavailable to target tissues
- Measures the amount of hormone available to target tissues – the bioavailable amount
- Relates to specific symptoms of excess or deficiency
- Good option for monitoring hormone therapy
BLOOD SPOT TESTING
Dried blood spot is a form of collection where patients place blood drops on a filter card after a finger prick with a lancet.
Once dry, blood spot cards are extremely stable for shipment and storage, and the dried blood format offers excellent correlation with serum tests.
Why Measure in Blood Spot?
- Ideal for measuring hormones and other analytes such as insulin, blood lipids, Vitamin D, thyroid hormones, and elements like lead and magnesium
- Advantages over serum because it eliminates the need for a blood draw – saving patients time and money
Comprehensive Test Reports
- Test results correlate hormone levels with reported symptoms and hormone supplementation, providing deeper insight into patient conditions
- All reports are physician-reviewed with individualized comments and include previous test results
- Compare current and past hormone levels to monitor patient progress
- Test reports are available via secure, online access
Hemp CBD products on this site contain no more than 0.3% THC.
FDA Disclaimer : The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act require this notice. Do not consume if you are nursing or pregnant. Buyers assume all responsibility.